B.Tech. Admission 2011
BTech admission for 2011 is now over
IT is now becoming a discipline that is distinct from Computer Science. IIIT-Delhi aims to have such a curriculum which is Computer Science-based, and which will develop in students skills for problem solving using engineering and research approaches, in the field of IT or some domains of IT. It plans to have a strong foundational program, which can be built upon for specializing in different areas of IT or IT domains. In IIIT-Delhi, this foundational program will heavily derive from Computer Science, and will be supplemented with suitable IT oriented courses.
As IIIT-Delhi focuses on IT education, its faculty have prepared a short note Is IT the Right Choice For You? to help the students set a proper expectation from this program. Furthermore, not every aspiring IT student may be fit for the BTech program at IIIT-Delhi - Director Prof. Pankaj Jalote has explained in his blog who should consider IIIT-Delhi for BTech.
Information about the admission process for 2011 is given in the Information Brochure. See below for details about the application process and entrance test.
Application has closed. Entrance test for Delhi candidates was taken on 19th June, 2011.
Counseling for outside Delhi candidates is scheduled to be held on 8th July, 2011 and for Delhi candidates on 9th July, 2011 (dates changed on 5th July keeping in mind conflict with counseling on NSIT/DTU/Jamia Millia Islamia).
Details of this year's counseling is available here.
- For Results of the Entrance Test: Use this form
- Merit List for Counseling of Delhi Candidates
- Merit List for Counseling of outside Delhi Candidates
Candidates in these two lists are invited to counseling (admission is not guaranteed until counseling).
List for Kashmiri Migrant (Delhi) candidates: There is no separate merit list for this category. Candidates who appeared for the test and wish to seek admission in the Kashmiri Migrant category will have to appear directly for counseling; they will be considered in order of their rank. Please see the counseling page for more details.
- Online application form opens : 27th May, 2011(Friday)
- Application form closes :
- Delhi candidates: 10th June, 2011(Friday) (closed)
- Outside-Delhi candidates: 18th June, 2011 (Saturday) (closed)
- In view of the declaration of AIEEE result, deadline for outside Delhi candidates has been extended till 18th June, 2011. Deadline for Delhi candidates is unchanged - 10th June, 2011. Applications submitted after 10th June will not be considered.
- Admit card can be downloaded starting from 16th June, 2011 (Thursday).
- Date of written exam : 19th June, 2011(Sunday) 10am to 1pm
- Entrance exam result & merit list (available online on this website) : 28th June, 2011(Tuesday)
- Counseling of outside Delhi candidates: 8th July, 2011(Friday)
- Counseling of Delhi candidates: 9th July, 2011(Saturday)
- Session starts : August 1st, 2011 (Monday). Specific dates for joining and orientation will be announced later.
- Date: 19th June, 2011(Sunday) 10am to 1pm.
- More information on the entrance test is available here.
- Outside Delhi candidates are not required to appear for the entrance test.
- Admit card for the written test should be downloaded from
this link. Print the admit card, paste a recent passport size photograph on it and bring it along with a proof of identity to your examination center.
- In case your admit card is unavailable, please email email@example.com .
- Candidates, who have not received admit card, should report to the NSIT Center with printed form, photo and a photo ID proof by 9 am, 19th June 2011.
- The center for the test and test roll number will be mentioned in the admit card.
Submitting application form as well as payment of application fee is open from 27th May to 10th June 2011. Outside Delhi candidates can only submit their form after AIEEE results have been declared - deadline for outside Delhi candidates (only) has been extended till 18th June, 2011.
- Make sure you are eligible are per details given below.
- Challan form can be downloaded for Delhi students here and for Outside Delhi students here.
- Take the print out of the challan form and fill it.
- Challan form has three copies
- To be attached with the form
- Candidates copy
- Will be retained by the bank
- Deposit the fee through the challan form at the cash counter in IDBI bank (list of Delhi NCR bank branches is available here (updated on 27th May) and the list of Outside Delhi branches is here).
- Challan number will be given by the cashier on deposit of fees. You cannot fill up the application form without this number.
- Fill up the online application form.
- Take the print out of the form.
- Send the print out along with the institute challan copy at the address mentioned in admission brochure. Last date of receipt of the print out is 10th June, 2011 for Delhi candidates, and 18th June, 2011 for outside Delhi candidates.
A student is eligible if in Class XII Boards he/she has obtained:
- 80% or more in Maths
- AND 80% or more in aggregate of all five subjects in Class XII Board results.
- If a Board has more than 5 subjects, then the best five may be used for aggregate.
Relaxation of marks for reserved categories:
- For SC/ST: 10%
- For CW: 5%
- For PH: 5%
Students from any stream with Mathematics as one his/her class XII subjects can apply.
You can read the FAQ regarding BTech Admission 2011 here.
For any other queries/information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For urgent queries, you may call +91-11-25099214.
You can also follow our announcements on Twitter for real time updates (please note that the Twitter source is only for your convenience - this website will remain the official source of information regarding admissions); to get updates via SMS please visit the Twitter page.
Please check this website for further announcements and information.