Admission to UG programs through IIIT-D process (for Foreign Nationals/PIOs/NRIs/OCIs) 2019
Second round of Foreign Students Admissions through IIITD admission process is re-opened for 5 seats in B.Tech. Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (CSAI) and 1 seat in B.Tech. (CSB) or B.Tech. (CSSS) or B.Tech. (CSAM)
Since a new branch B.Tech. (CSAI) has been added, candidates already admitted in round 1 for Foreign Students Admissions through IIITD admission process will be first given an opportunity to opt for a change to B.Tech. (CSAI), if interested. The option once exercised shall be final. After the extended last date of application of round 2 and interview of the new applicants, a merit list will be prepared for all shortlisted candidates. The final seat allotment will be done on the basis of merit list of round 2 in the order of the preference of their choices.
Further, in case an already admitted candidate (admitted in Round 1), under Foreign Students Admissions through IIITD admission process category, changes to B.Tech. (CSAI), one seat as a vacancy will be created from the earlier allotted seat (allotted in round 1), such a vacancy will be filled from the candidates available on the merit list of round 2.
Last date of application for Round 2 is 15th July 2019, 5 PM IST.
- » Applicant must have passed the qualifying examination, i.e. Senior Secondary [10+2] or equivalent from any system of education as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org). He/she must have secured a minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks or 6.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent in the qualifying examination. In case, CGPA is on a different scale OR if only grades are awarded, percentage/CGPA equivalence provided by the principal examination authorities will only be considered.
- » Applicant must have completed successfully Mathematics in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- » Applicant must have appeared for ACT or any other standardized test/s that is/are conducted in your country or is a holder of ICCR Scholarship. Candidates with SAT II scores are not allowed to apply through this mode. Such candidates can apply through DASA.
- » Residential Requirement: All foreign nationals studying in any country including India or Indian nationals studying abroad who fulfill prescribed admission criteria shall be eligible. Prescribed admission criteria for Indian Nationals shall be at least two years of education, inclusive of 11th & 12th or equivalent (not beyond), in a foreign country during the last 8 years and must pass the qualifying examination from abroad.
Application Process for admission through IIIT-D admission process:
The applicant should fill the online application form (link available below). The form includes basic details and below documents to be attached before final submission:
- » Payment receipt of $50 paid online.
- » Copy of Passport and OCI/PIO Card (If available).
- » Passport size photograph.
- » Pdf of date of birth proof (Secondary Education Board/ University Certificate [class 10th or equivalent] or any Certificate issued by Govt Authorities).
- » Official transcripts of class 10th, 11th, 12th or equivalent examination(s)(In case, 12th standard or equivalent is not completed yet, an undertaking is required)
- » Certified/Attested copies of standardized test score/scholarship letter. Copies can be attested/certified by the school Principal or the school Registrar or the Counselor or the University Registrar or an Attorney.
- » Recommendation letters from two high school teachers/ University Professors(To be sent directly by the Teachers/Professors to the Institute through Email on email@example.com) with the subject: “Recommendation for <student name> ” [Optional]
- » If any supporting documents are in language other than English, authenticated translated copy of the documents in English must also be provided.
- » If selected, all original documents will have to be shown before admission.
A committee of the Institute will evaluate the applications & take a decision, which will be approved by Chairman, Senate and the decision will be final.
Academic & Hostel Fee:
- » Tuition Fee (Per Semester) - $4000 (Foreign Nationals, who are nationals of SAARC countries, are eligible for 50% Tuition Fee waiver provided they have passed the qualifying examination in SAARC country. The Tuition Fee (incl. Campus Maintenance) for B.Tech. first year for 2019 admissions which will be applicable for SAARC country candidates is under revision and the interested candidates are requested to keep visiting the Institute website for an update on the same.)
- » Campus Maintenance (Per Year) -INR 15000 (Equivalent $ amount need to be paid)
- » Hostel Charges - As mentioned on Fee Page
For any queries please write to International Admission(s) Office, IIIT-D at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 011-26907400