M.Tech. Admission 2011
MTech admission for 2011 is now over
- Second List (updated at 9AM on June 4th, 2011) Last date of admission is June 15th, 2011
- First List (updated at 7PM on May 23rd, 2011)
Screening Results (updated at 5PM on May 14th, 2011)
Selected candidates should send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org about their participation in the admissions. All selected candidates should have received an email with details about the test.
Tentative Schedule for May 22nd, 2011:
Final result will be available on this website by Monday 23 May by 5pm.
Background of MTech Program: The goal of the MTech program is to train students to become professionals for the high-end jobs. The program is based on the best practice models at top universities across the world. For details about the program, refer to this document. Some key features are listed below.
- Currently, IIIT-Delhi has only full-time MTech program in CS with specialization information security or data engineering.
- GATE score is optional. IIIT-Delhi will conduct a written exam, a programming exam and interview in its campus on May 22nd.
- For information about fees, refer to this page.
- There are a limited number of assistantships available. An assistantship carries full tution waiver and also provides a stipend of Rs. 6000 per month, in-lieu of performing assigned academic work (e.g. a teaching assistantship for a course or a lab). Only students opting for with-thesis option will be considered for assistantship.
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC/ST, PH and CW category candidates (details).
Areas: IIIT-Delhi invites applications for admission in MTech in CS for 2011 in the following CS/IT areas:
- Last date of application - May 12th, 2011, 5:00pm (Thursday)
- DD should reach - May 13th, 2011, 5:00pm (Friday)
- Screening results of shortlisted candidates - Latest by May 14, 2011
- Test / Interview (At IIIT-Delhi campus) - Sunday, May 22nd, 2011
Eligibility: MTech in CS is a very challenging program, which under-prepared students may find tough.
- The minimum eligibility criterion for this program is B.Tech./B.E. in CS/IT/ECE/EE with at least 7.5 CGPA (out of 10) or 75% or equivalent. We expect the candidates to have proper foundations in algorithms and theory, good programming skills, in particular, systems programming, and ability to work hard. Requirements may be relaxed for candidates with relevant experience in the area of security or database.
- MCA/MSc(CS/IT/ECE) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that in their undergraduate (i.e. B.Sc.) they should have Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
Sponsored Full Time Candidates: This category comprises of students who are working professionals and are sponsored by the reputed organization (from Government or private organizations) by giving an undertaking. They will not be entitled to any financial assistance from the Institute, fee waiver, and on-campus placement. Admission process will be same as for regular candidates. However, the institute currently has only full-time option and no part-time option is available.
- Apply online: Fill up the
online M.Tech. application form(application closed)
- Application checklist:
- Non refundable application fee: A demand draft of Rs. 350 in favor of IIIT-Delhi, payable at Delhi
- The draft should reach IIIT-Delhi at the following address latest by May 13th 5:00pm, otherwise your application might be rejected without screening
Contact: For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/C.V - application will be entirely online only through this website. For other information, you may contact us through email at email@example.com or call +91-11-25099214
Please check this page for future announcements and more information.