M.Tech. Admission 2016 Details
Background of Full-time M.Tech Program
The goal of the full-time M.Tech program is to equip students to become professionals for the high-end jobs. The program is based on the best practice models at top universities across the world. IIIT-Delhi offers degrees in the areas of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) and Computational Biology (CB). The following are the available specializations:
M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
- M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Data Engineering
- M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Information Security
- M.Tech in CSE with specialization in Mobile Computing
- M.Tech in CSE (without specialization) General
M.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- M.Tech in ECE with specialization in VLSI & Embedded Systems
- M.Tech in ECE with specialization in Communication and Signal Processing
M.Tech (Computational Biology)
- M.Tech in Computational Biology
Note: Round 1 details for M.Tech(CB) admission are given here.
M.Tech (CSE & ECE)
All applicants must have a valid GATE score (2015/2016) in CS/IT, EC/EE and B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/ECE/EE with a CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10 or 65%. The applicant must have at least 60% in all previous degrees including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have a B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/ECE/EE with a CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60%. They must have at least 55% in all previous degree including 10+2. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be able to submit the application form.
MCA/MSc degree is considered equivalent to the B.Tech/BE degree in CS/IT/ECE/EE. Their eligibility criteria are the same as given above.
- B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing
- B.Tech/BE in any other discipline and must have done in their programme:
- at least one computer programming course, and
- at least two mathematics courses
Note: Candidates in the final year of their programs and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before the date of registration are also eligible to apply for admissions. For shortlisting and selection purposes, their performance until the preceding semester (preceding year if their programs are year based) would be considered but their admission would be provisional, subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after their final qualifying examination results are announced.
- Apply online: Fill up the online M.Tech application form.
- Please note that online application portal will allow you to apply for a single or a combination of two programmes (i.e. CSE+CB or ECE+CB). If you are applying for a combination of two programmes, you will be allowed to attend written test and interview for both the programmes, if you are shortlisted for both. However, the final admission and award of the degree will be only to one programme.
- Application checklist:
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Fill up the form online.
- Pay the M.Tech application processing fee of Rs.350/- (Rs.700/- for combination of two programmes) online
The selection for M.Tech admission will comprise of three stages.
1st Stage: The applicants will be screened on the basis of GATE scores as well as their previous academic record (B.Tech/BE, 10+2). A maximum of 490 (230 for CS, 180 for ECE and 80 for CB) students will be invited to IIIT-Delhi to participate in the second stage.
2nd Stage: The screened candidates have to appear for a written exam (online) at IIIT-Delhi. Depending on the results of this test, a maximum of 345 (160 for CS, 135 for ECE and 50 for CB) candidates will be invited to take part in the third stage, which will also take place in IIIT Delhi.
Test Details for M.Tech (CSE & ECE):
- The test (online) will be at IIIT-Delhi.
- The test will cover general mathematics, analytical abilities and comprehension skill.
- The duration of the test will be one hour.
Test Details for M.Tech (CB):
M.Tech (CB) candidates have to appear for two test as follows:
- 1st Test will be online same as for M.Tech (CSE) & (ECE).
- 2nd test will cover Biology, Engineering Mathematics & Computational skill.
3rd Stage: The candidates will be interviewed by the IIIT-Delhi Faculty members.
Eligible students will get GATE scholarships. Click here to find out more about the scholarship.
Total course fees for the M.Tech programme is Rs. 2.5 lakhs excluding campus maintenance charges.
The payment schedule is:
- Rs. 55,000/- 60,000/- (including security money of Rs. 5000 10,000) at the time of accepting the offer of admission.
- Rs. 65,000/- (including campus maintenance charges Rs. 15000) at the time of admission.
- Rs. 1,00,000 at the start of Sem II of the program, and
- Rs. 65,000 (including Rs 15000 Campus Maintenance charges) at the start of Sem III of your program (There will be no fees for extended semester).
|Online Application Starts on||May 04, 2016 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date of Online Application||May 31, 2016 (Tuesday)|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates||June 02, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Test & Interview (at IIIT-Delhi campus)||June 15, 2016 (Wednesday)|
|Publication of 1st selection list||June 16, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Publication of 2nd selection list out of waitlisted candidates||June 25, 2016 (Saturday)|
|Admission (at IIIT-Delhi Campus)||June 30, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Starting with Refresher module||July 01, 2016 (Friday)|
Get most of your doubts cleared about M.Tech Admission 2016 in Frequently Asked Questions.
For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. Please do not email us with your resume/CV. The application must be entered online. For other information, you may contact us through:
Phone No: 91-11-26907400 (During office hours between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm)