M.Tech 2018 CB Spot Round
Date: 30-June-2018 (Saturday)
Reporting Time: 9.00 am
Reporting venue: 3rd Floor, New Academic Building, IIIT-Delhi.
Vacancies – 9 (Approx)
Who are eligible to participate in the spot round
- Those who have applied for MTech(CB) and not attended the test. [These candidates don't have to apply again]
- Those who have applied for CSE & ECE, but not offered admission till round 3. (GATE & Non-GATE both) [These candidates don't have to apply again]
- Those who have applied for CSE & ECE, but could not appear for online test and/or interview. (GATE & Non-GATE both). [These candidates don't have to apply again]
- Fresh application as per the normal eligibility of M.Tech(CB) given here. These candidates need to apply afresh here by June 29, 2018 (Friday) and come with the application form.
Note - Those who have applied earlier for M.Tech (CB) and appeared for the test, but not offered admission are not eligible to participate in the spot round.
- For 1, 2 & 3 above (Who have applied earlier) – Fill this Google form
- For 4 above (Fresh Application) – Fill this Online Application Form.
- The online application will be open for Fresh application till June 29, 2018 (Friday).
- Those who have applied earlier and eligible for the spot round will be informed through mail.
- The interested applicants will come with necessary documents and a bank draft of Rs.87,500/- in favour of “IIIT DELHI Collections”.
- After document verification, the applicants will give the test as specified for MTech(CB).
- Cut off for the interview will be decided after the test and the candidates will be interviewed if they are above cut off. The bank draft will be returned to the applicants, who are not shortlisted for interview.
- The final result will be published after interview of all the applicants are over on the same day.
- The bank draft will be returned to the applicants, who are not selected.
- Admission process will be completed for the applicants, who were finally offered admission. They will be required to join the preparatory module from July 02, 2018.
On the day of Spot round i.e. June 30, 2018 (Friday), we will be verifying your documents as per the list given below. Applicants are required to bring ORIGINAL and one set of self-attested copy of all the documents. The original documents will be given back to applicants after verification.
- Demand Draft of Rs.87,500/- in favour of “IIIT DELHI Collections”
- Print out of application form.
- Print out of GATE/GPAT/CSIR-NET scorecard/(if applicable)
- Class Xth Marksheet
- Class Xth Certificate as a proof of Date of Birth.
- Class XIIth Marksheet
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination.
- Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination. (If you haven’t been issued final degree certificate, please bring a provisional or course completion certificate duly signed by authorized signatories)
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- PwD certificate (If applicable)
- 2 Passport size photographs
You have applied earlier for CB or CSE or ECE, however, either you have not been selected or not attended the test. This is an opportunity for you to participate in the last and final round of admission for M.Tech(CB). Details are posted on our website in this link. If you are interested, you can come along with the documents and Demand Draft mentioned on our website in this link. Please fill this Google form if you are interested.
About M.Tech (CB) at IIIT-Delhi
The Center for Computational Biology (CCB) has been formally inaugurated at IIIT-Delhi on June 18, 2015 by Prof K Vijay Raghavan, Secretary DBT.
- A unique course structure that blends computational science with modeling technique.
- Highly prolific faculty with about two-third holding PhD from overseas.
- Academic Collaborations with labs such as CSIR-Institute for Integrative Biology (IGIB)..
- Industrial Collaborations with TCS Research Lab India, Persistent, Medgenome Life Sciences, Elucidata for internships.
- Preparatory Module before starting of classes to prepare for interdisciplinary training
- Studentship of Rs.12,000/- (Per month) for all admitted students
- Travel assistance to attend conference