Guest Faculty Position
Positions for qualified and experienced guest faculty are open at IIIT-Delhi. The institute is looking for guest faculty for teaching some (non-IT) courses in its undergraduate programs. The main role for the guest faculty will be to teach courses, and the compensation is based on the number of lecture hours. Courses for which guest faculty applications are invited are (list is non-exhaustive):
- Humanities: Psychology (preference for Positive Psychology), Theory of Knowledge, Rationality, Music/Art etc.
- Economics: Basic and advanced college level course in economic theory and practice.
- Finance: College level Introduction/Foundations of Finance, Investment management, Risk management and derivatives.
- Mathematics: Advanced Calculus, Number theory, Linear Algebra, Modeling, etc.
- Physics: Advanced Physics.
- Biology: College level courses, Genetics, Biochemistry, Bio Informatics.
- Environment: Energy, Climate Change, etc.
Guest faculty are generally given the specific task of teaching an assigned course during a semester. For this, a fee of appx Rs 1 Lac for the course will be offered (higher fee may be considered for highly experienced people). A guest faculty will generally give two lectures a week of 1.5 hours each, and be available for at least one hour each week for clarifying student doubts. He/she will also be responsible for making and conducting tests and exams in the course, grading the assignments/exams, and preparing the final grades.
Candidates with a minimum of a Masters (with a First Division or 60% or equivalent in all degrees) in the relevant field and three years teaching or R&D experience, or a PhD in relevant field, will be considered. Candidates with PhD may be given preference. Good communication capability in English is essential, as all teaching is in English. Candidates with experience in teaching similar courses may be given preference. Retired personnel as well as people working full time can also apply. For people working full time, a no objection certificate from their current employer will be required before undertaking any teaching assignment.
Interested candidates can apply by sending their CV through email entitled "Application for Guest Faculty for HSS/Maths/...." to