Visiting Faculty Positions in Applied Mathematics
Applications are invited for visiting faculty (full/ part-time) positions at Lecturer/ Assistant Professor Level for teaching courses in Applied Mathematics. A full-time visiting faculty is expected to teach two courses per semester. The part-time appointments are expected to be half-time, in which the faculty will teach one course a semester and the visiting faculty will be free to do any other job the remainder of his/her time. The visiting faculty positions are augmentation of faculty. For tenure-track faculty positions, visit here.
The area in which the Institute is looking for visiting faculty, the approximate number of positions in each, and the type of courses which the visiting faculty will teach are given below:
Applied Mathematics (1 position or 2 half time positions):
- Optimization: All areas of Optimization including Linear/ Non-Linear/ Integer/Dynamic/ Mathematical Programming, Combinatorial /Stochastic Optimization, Heuristics, etc.
- Statistics and Data Science: Probabilistic modeling, Statistical learning, Monte Carlo methods, Stochastic Processes, Information Theory, Deep Learning, etc.
- Network Science: Graph theory, Networks, Statistical Physics,
- Applied Math: Modeling, Numerical Methods, Scientific Computing, Finite Element Techniques, etc.
- Other Areas: Algebra and Coding theory, Number theory, Control theory, Combinatorics, numerical methods, mathematical finance, etc.
For Lecturer Level: PhD
For Assistant Professor Level: PhD with three years teaching experience.
The candidates must have experience in teaching the above mentioned/ similar courses. The experience requirement can be relaxed to some extent, if teaching record/ reputation is outstanding.
For Full Time, the consolidated remuneration at the level of Assistant Professor will be appx Rs 10.8 Lac per year . For lecturer level, the consolidated remuneration will be appx Rs 7.7 Lac per year. For part-time, the remuneration will be half. Some increments may be given to deserving candidates.
- For applying: June 30, 2015
- Seminars/Visit: On a mutually convenient date.
- Interaction with Selection Committee: Last week of July.
- Tentative date of Joining: July 15, 2015
- Classes start: August 01, 2015
Application/ Recruitment Process
For applying, send an email with your CV containing at least three references and a teaching statement (containing teaching experience, short description of courses taught and any students feedback) to email@example.com. Subject of the email should be "Visiting Faculty position in Applied Maths "
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for Seminars and/or interaction with selection committee.
General Information/ Instructions:
- The appointments will be done purely on contract basis for a period of one to three years, which may be extended based on performance and requirements, as per guidelines of the Institute.
- The remuneration will be paid on consolidated basis as per the guidelines/ rules of IIIT-Delhi. No other allowances will be paid.
- Prescribed qualifications are minimum and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her to be called for interview.
- The requirement of teaching experience can be relaxed to some extent, if teaching record/ reputation is outstanding.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed through e-mails only.
- The institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for seminars to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualification and experience.
- The institute also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons thereof.
- The institute reserves the right not to appoint against any or all the posts.
- The candidates may be considered for higher/lower grade/ scale depending upon their profile.
- No Hard copies are to be sent.