- Students will learn and understand the concepts of critical thinking including deductive and inductive thinking to judge any argument.
- Students will apply and demonstrate skills in critical reasoning through critical reading, annotating texts and evaluate sources and question underlying assumptions.
- Students will be able to independently (and in groups) respond to social science texts, applying concepts of CT and evaluate arguments in standard texts
- Students will develop ability to use Critical Thinking in the era of ‘information overload’ andlearn to spot fallacies and other common mistakes in public deliberations
- Students will create a portfolio of arguments that they collect and analyse from a case study. They will demonstrate how to improve arguments they enounter using methods learnt in the course.