Workshop on Genomics, Epigenomics, Transcriptomics
Instructor: Dr. Vibhor Kumar – IIIT-Delhi, Dr. Debarka Sengupta – IIIT-Delhi, Dr Gaurav Ahuja – IIIT-Delhi
Date: 28th March 2020, Saturday
Time: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Venue: A007, R&D Building, IIIT-Delhi
Genomics is being extensively adopted to develop reliable techniques for diagnosis in healthcare, understanding cell behaviour, forensic and evolutionary biology. While, several branches of Genomics have evolved out to support different needs of society, the sheer volume and variety of data pose a challenge of meaningful analysis. The current workshop aims to provide introduction about latest development in core area of genomics. The sessions will be focused on two recent trends of this field namely bulk and single cell transcriptomics and epigenome. We will explain integrative role of biology, computation, statistics and machine learning in making useful insights out of huge data-sets. Hands on sessions will be conducted to make the participants familiar with the logistics, necessary for genomic data analysis. We invite attendees from all relevant backgrounds to participate in this one-day workshop and be introduced with current trend in analysis of Genomic data-set.
- » 08:30 - 09:00 am : Registration
- » 09:00 - 09:15 am : Introductory/ Inauguration Speech
- » 09:15 - 11:15 am : Analysis of single cell and bulk transcriptomes data (Lecture + Hands on session)
- » 11:15 - 11.30 am : Tea Break
- » 11:30 - 01:30 pm : Analysis of single cell and bulk epigenome profiles. (Lecture + Hands on session)
- » 01:30 - 02:30 pm : Lunch
- » 02:30 - 04:30 pm : Interpretation of analysis in Genomics. (Lecture + Hands on session)
Registration fee: Participants are required to make an online payment as registration fees (Non – Refundable) as per below categories using this link
- » Faculty / Industry Professional – Rs. 1000 + 18% GST (Total: Rs. 1180)
» Student / Research Fellow – Rs. 500 +18% GST (Total: Rs. 590)
Registration fees include: Participation Certificate, Lunch; Tea/ Coffee break
Note: Accommodation and Travel allowances are NOT covered in the registration fees. However, Accommodation can be provided to outside participants on request (Charges extra) as per Hostel availability.
Note: Only 100 seats are available.
Contact: For any further queries please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org