M.Tech. (ECE) with specialization - Cyber-Physical Systems
- Future wireless networks will be driven by a plethora of new use-cases and applications - Industry 4.0, 5G/6G broadband, critical control, V2X, mIoT. These use-cases will be governed by a diverse set of requirements:
- throughput (> several Gbps),
- latency (<1 ms), reliability (<1 out of a billion drops)
- capacity (> 100Tb/s/km2)
- extreme positioning (< 1 cm)
- energy efficiency (10X 5G, 10K X 4G).
- Current wireless networks are optimized to sustain such a diverse set of requirements:
- Current communication curriculum is heavy on PHY cellular access, does not target specific use cases and is not tuned to address the industry requirements of these emerging markets.
- The CPS specializations has the following salient features:
- Focus on access + network/MAC + control.
- Relevant use-cases (India-centric in the foreseeable future).
- Equipping the student with architectural principles and programming skills.
(Students are also advised to go through the M.Tech. (ECE) specific regulation and PG Regulations to know other requirement of the M.Tech. degree)
For "M.Tech. in ECE with specialization in CPS" the student must:
- Complete the following core courses of the specialization area.
- Probability and Random Processes
- Linear Systems Theory
- Communication Networks
- Principles of Digital Communication Systems
- Estimation Theory
- If opted for Thesis/Scholarly paper, it should be in the specialization domain. The advisor will certify this fact.
- At least 8 credits should be from specialization electives in addition to the core courses, if opted for “M.Tech. with scholarly paper (8 credit) option” .
- At least 12 credits should be from specialization electives in addition to the core courses, if opted for “M.Tech. without thesis and scholarly paper option” .
(An illustration to complete 48 credits is given below with various graduating option.)
|Graduating Option||Core||Specialization Elective||Thesis/SP||Other Courses||Total|
|M.Tech. with thesis||20||0||16||12||48|
|M.Tech. with Scholarly Paper (8 cr.)||20||8||8||12||48|
|M.Tech. with Scholarly Paper (4 cr.)||20||8||4||16||48|
|M.Tech. without thesis and scholarly paper option||20||12||0||16||48|
- Wireless communications
- Optical communications
- Wireless networks
- Reinforcement Learning
- Automatic control
- Satellite navigation and control
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Real-time control
- Nonlinear Control Theory
The following faculty members are offering courses and guiding thesis and scholarly papers in the area of Machine Learning.
- Dr. Anand Srivastava
- Dr. Gourab Ghatak
- Dr. Sanat K Biswas
- Dr. Sanjit K Kaul
- Dr. Sayan Basu Roy
- Dr. Vivek A Bohara
While internship is not a requirement for the M.Tech. degree, students are encouraged to do an internship to gain industry experience. To facilitate internships, the institute has made arrangements with some corporations to host interns from this program. Guidelines are given here