The PhD program at IIIT-Delhi is focused towards research like any other PhD program - limited coursework to enhance the breadth and depth of a student, followed by focused research. Admissions are made through Regular admission process as well as Rolling mode. Regular Admissions for all disciplines are made in Mar-April and Nov-Dec every year.
Regular Round of PhD admissions Dec 2017 (Click here for details) .
Rolling Admissions (Click here for details)
The goal of the PhD program at IIIT-Delhi is to empower students to become part of the global research ecosystem, and contribute to research organizations and top class universities across the world. The program is based on the best practice models at top universities across the world. For details about the program, refer to this document. Some of the key features of our PhD program are listed below.
- Currently, IIIT-Delhi has only full-time PhD program in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics Communication Engineering, Computational Biology and Mathematics.
- Fresh B.Tech. graduates with research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply. GATE score is not mandatory.
- IIIT-Delhi provides attractive stipend to full-time regular PhD students. Furthermore, the tuition fee (currently Rs. 1 Lakh per year) is waived for full-time PhD students with teaching, research assistantship (details).
- Other than the regular program, IIIT-Delhi has started a focused collaborative PhD program with selected partner groups/institutes across the world (details) and a sponsored full-time PhD program for people working in industry (details).
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC/ST, PH and CW category candidates (details).
Contact: For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. For other information, you may contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email your resume/C.V. to this email address).