Frequently Asked Questions for B.Tech. 2020
Please see the general institute FAQ on the status of IIIT-D, its accreditation, financial model, etc. which are available from the homepage of the institute. This FAQ is mostly about the B.Tech. admission for 2020.
1. What is the status of IIIT-D, is it recognized by UGC/AICTE, does it have any relationship with IP university, etc?
See on Institute FAQ Page.
3. When will the applications start?
Online application process will start from the month of September (tentative) for IIIT-D admission process and for admissions through JAC.
4. When and where will the list of selected candidates be displayed?
For Admission through JAC - All the results of provisionally selected candidates will be displayed on www.jacdelhi.nic.in
For Admission through IIIT-D admission process - All the results of provisionally selected candidates will be displayed on IIIT-D Website
5. I got less than 70% in Mathematics in XII, but my overall marks are more than 70%, will I be eligible for admission in IIIT-D ?
No. A student is eligible only if he/she: (i) has obtained 70% or more in Mathematics, AND (ii) has obtained 70% or more aggregate score of best five subjects including maths.
6. I obtained 69.99% - am I eligible?
No, you are not eligible for admissions in IIIT-D even if your percentage is short by .1% or one mark.
7. I have taken Math, but have not done Physics or Chemistry in my XII Boards. I have got more than 70% in Math, and my overall percentage is also more than 70%. Am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible for admission to some seats of B.Tech. (CSD) and B.Tech. (CSSS) through IIIT-D admission process.
8. I have 70% in Maths and 70% in aggregate which include Physics and Chemistry. I want to apply to B.Tech. (CSD) and B.Tech. (CSSS). Which mode of admission should I apply through?
Students having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XII, willing to apply for B.Tech. (CSD) program can apply through JAC and IIIT-D admission process using UCEED rank. However, if at any point of time a candidate is getting a seat in both processes, he/she will have to withdraw one.
Students having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XII, willing to apply for B.Tech. (CSSS) can apply only through JAC.
9. I have done my XII from IB board. Am I eligible to apply?
Yes, IB Board is considered equivalent to CBSE. However, before you are granted admission, you will have to show that you satisfy the eligibility criteria. If your Board does not give percentages, then you will have to show an official conversion to percentages.
10. Why is the eligibility criteria rather high in marks?
To ensure that students have the necessary background in mathematics and overall, the eligibility criteria has been kept at this level. Another reason is that IIIT Delhi has very limited seats, and it is necessary to restrict the number of applicants to a reasonable number.
11. Are there any seats reserved for Central/State Board Topper candidates?
No, none of the seats are reserved for Central/State Board Topper candidates.
12. Who is a “Delhi candidate”?
The students who have undertaken qualifying exams (i.e. 12th) from the schools located in Delhi (having PIN CODE of Delhi), irrespective of the location of their hometown, would be considered as "Delhi Candidate". Students belonging to Delhi but studying in schools Outside Delhi will be considered as Outside Delhi candidates.
13. Are schools located in Noida/Gurgaon and other places in NCR Delhi but Outside New Delhi considered as Delhi school?
No, "Delhi" candidates must have undertaken qualifying exams (i.e. XIIth) from the schools having PIN CODE of Delhi.
14. Whether students passing 12th as a private candidate (through open schooling) are eligible. If Yes, how their region i.e. Delhi or Outside Delhi will be determined.
Yes, students passing 12th as a private candidate (through open schooling) are eligible to apply provided they satisfy other eligibility criteria. The region from which they can apply i.e. Delhi or Outside Delhi will be determined on the basis of the location of their examination centre.
15. I have taken up improvement exam and now have 70% or above marks in Mathematics and aggregate. Can I apply?
Yes, students who have taken up improvement exam and have now secured 70% or above marks in mathematics and aggregate are eligible to apply provided they satisfy all other eligibility criteria.
16. Can the expelled/debarred students be considered for admission?
Students expelled/debarred from any academic institute are not eligible for admission.
17. I don't have Computer Science in class 12th. Am I eligible for admission to B.Tech. (CSE)?
Yes, as far as you had Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as your Class XII standard subjects.
18. Can a student who has done schooling from Delhi apply under Outside Delhi Quota?
No, if you have done XII from Delhi school you can apply as a Delhi candidate only
19. Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
Website is the primary source of all the information regarding admission. Please also visit www.jacdelhi.nic.in - for admission through JAC-Delhi.
20. Any photocopy of the certificate need to be attached along with the application form or not?
No certificates need to be sent - they will be checked at the time of counselling.
21. What is the source of latest information about the exam, Institute, etc.?
Latest information is available on the Institute website. Pls also refer www.jacdelhi.nic.in - for admission through JAC-Delhi.
22. Which degree will be awarded? What is the duration?
IIIT Delhi awards B.Tech. (CSE), B.Tech. (ECE), B.Tech. (CSAM), B.Tech. (CSD), B.Tech. (CSSS), B.Tech. (CSB) and B.Tech. (CSAI) degrees. The duration of the program is 4 years.
23. Where can I find the placement record?
Placement record of the institute is available on the placement page of our website.
24. What is the fee per annum?
Please refer B.Tech. admission brochure 2020.
25. Is there any fee waiver?
Please refer the B.Tech. admission page and brochure 2020 for income-linked fee waivers/scholarships.
26. How do I pay the application fee?
Please visit the JAC website at www.jacdelhi.nic.in
27. Is there any management quota?
There is no management quota.
28. I passed class XII in 2019, can I apply?
Yes, through JAC and IIIT-D admission process with UCEED score, provided you satisfy the eligibility criteria.
30. Do you have any quota for sports, arts & culture or Olympiads?
There is no quota for any of these categories. However, some bonus points are given to applicants with specific achievements. For details, please refer admission brochure 2020 available on admission page.
31. Where can I get the details of UCEED?
Please visit website of IIIT-D for admission through IIIT-D admission process using UCEED Rank.
33. Is the transport facility (college bus) available?
No we do not provide transport facility but IIIT-D campus is very well connected to metro and other public transports.
34. Are there some seats for Foreign Nationals/PIOs/NRIs
Yes, Supernumerary seats are reserved for Foreign Nationals/PIOs/NRIs. For details click here.
35. How Outside Delhi Students can apply for admission to B.Tech. programs at IIIT-D?
Outside Delhi Students can apply only through Joint Admission Counseling, Delhi (JAC Delhi)