Financial Assistantship is available for some students in the form of Teaching Assistantship. Only full-time regular students are eligible for an assistantship. This will be viewed as remuneration for the academic work (teaching/research) being performed for the institute.
For M.Tech. (CSE, ECE & CB)
Assistantship for GATE qualified M.Tech (CSE, ECE & CB) students will be paid through AICTE-Direct benefit transfer(DBT) to the student’s account directly, at the rate of Rs.12,400/- per month as per the approval of MHRD, Govt. of India for a maximum of 24 months from the date of starting of the classes at IIIT Delhi. Institute will provide necessary support to the students to get the assistantship.
Instructions for M.Tech. (CSE, ECE & CB) Students
- Students should have an Account in any bank in his/her Name (Account should not be a Joint Account or a Minor’s Name).
- Students will be provided with a unique id for login into AICTE- Direct benefit transfer(DBT) portal. They have to enter their details and upload the scan copy of GATE Score Card, Aadhar Card, bank passbook, Caste Certificate etc.
- For details, students’ may visit the AICTE website.
- After assignment of IIITD Roll number and Email id, student will receive an E-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org in this regard; student will have to follow the guidelines for completion of the process.
For M.Tech (CB) (Subject to approval from DBT)
A monthly studentship of Rs.12,000/- per month will be paid to M.Tech(CB) students for a maximum of 24 months from the date of starting of the classes at IIIT Delhi. This is supported by Department of Biotechnology(DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology. Institute will provide necessary support to the students to get the studentship.
Instructions for M.Tech (CB) Students
- Students should have an Account in any bank in his/her Name (not Joint Account).
- After assignment of Roll number and Email id, you will receive a mail from email@example.com in this regard; you will have to follow the guidelines to complete the process smoothly.
Basic Guidelines for Students with Financial Assistance
- Assistantships/Studentship shall be awarded to M.Tech students based on the recommendations of the admission committee of the institute at the time of offer of admission. The norms for Assistantship for M.Tech students may be revised from time to time by IIIT-D Academic Senate.
- Students leaving the Institute on their own accord without completing the program of study will be required to refund the amount of scholarship received during that year.
- During the tenure of the scholarship, the Assistantship holder shall not ordinarily receive any other scholarship, stipend, financial assistance or remuneration, etc., for any work except with the prior permission of the competent authority or as provided in the rules.
- Assistantships are liable to be withdrawn, partially or wholly, on account of deliberate concealment of material facts and/or supply of false information.
- The Assistantship may be suspended or terminated at any time on the grounds of misconduct on the part of the student concerned or on continued absence for more than one month except on medical grounds.
The Assistantship stipend may be reduced or terminated for a period of up to one semester on account of poor academic performance, absence from the Institute without permission, or not carrying out the assigned tasks in a satisfactory manner.
Award of Grade
Teaching Assistantship for M.Tech students will be a ‘0’ credit course which will show up in Transcript. Based on the performance of the students, “S” (Satisfactory) or “X” (Un-satisfactory) grade will be allotted for the TA work.
TA Attendance and Leave
TA Attendance Policy, Leave rule and Leave application form are available at this link.
Other Financial Assistance
M.Tech students may be hired as RAs/Interns on a sponsored project during summer semester and they will be paid honorarium for working full time.
Last updated: 28-08-2021