FAQ about M.Tech. Admissions 2021
- Can I apply for more than one programme?Yes, you can apply for M.Tech.(CB) with M.Tech.(CSE) or M.Tech.(ECE). However you can’t apply for both M.Tech.(CSE) & (ECE). Please note that online application portal will allow you to apply for a single or a combination of two programmes. If you are applying for a combination of two programmes, you will be allowed to attend interview for both the programmes, if shortlisted for both. However, the final admission and award of the degree will be only to one programme. For candidates applying for a combination of two programmes, the application fees of Rs. 1000/-will be charged.
- Please clarify, how the specialization will be allotted in M.Tech. (CSE)?
A Student will be admitted in CSE branch. The candidates are free to choose their specialisation during their studies. Guidelines for each specialization are defined separately. If a student completes the requirement of a particular specialization along with the requirement of M.Tech.( CSE) core/bucket, then they will be eligible to graduate with that specialization. Final degree will be awarded after due verification of completion of all requirements.
- Can I apply for both GATE & Non-GATE?
For M.Tech (CSE) : No. A candidate will be eligible to apply for only one category i.e. GATE or Non-GATE. If during the process of admission any duplicacy is detected, he/she will be considered in the category of GATE qualified applicant only, or may be even disqualified. Hence candidates are advised to apply only under one of the category i.e. GATE and Non-GATE.
For M.Tech (CB) : Only students with GATE can apply
- Where can I find the format for CGPA Conversion Certificate and Undertaking?
The same is available under the Important note section of eligibility criteria
- I do not have a CGPA Conversion certificate but my marksheet clearly states the conversion rule used. Can I upload the copy of the marksheet stating the rule?
- What shall I do if while making payment for the application, the payment gets failed and funds are debited from my bank account.
In this case, the amount will be refunded back in the next 3-5 days by your bank.
- I do not have a CGPA Conversion Certificate. What shall I do?
You can upload the undertaking for submitting the certificate later. The format of undertaking is available under the Important note section of eligibility criteria.
- In case of admission to M.Tech (CSE) through GATE, what is the weightage given to GATE score and qualifying degree percentage.
The weightage shall be decided each year by the committee during shortlisting.
- Is GATE score mandatory?
It is not mandatory for CSE/ECE for Non-GATE seats, however, mandatory for CB
- What is the reservation policy for M.Tech. Admission in IIIT Delhi?
There will be 5% relaxation in percentage for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, CW candidate in all degrees. For minimum percentage requirement for all degree please refer the table below:
Table 1 : Minimum Percentage Requirement Category General SC/ST/OBC/Pwd/CW M.Tech. (CSE & ECE) M.Tech.(CB) M.Tech. (CSE & ECE) M.Tech.(CB) 10th - 60% - 55% 12th - 60% - 55% B.Tech/B.E/MCA/M.Sc(Qualifying degree) 65% 65% 60% 60% Other than qualifying Degree - 60% - 55%
- Am I eligible with 64.99 % in B.Tech?
Candidate Category - General: No, Refer Table 1 for minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement.
- Is there any seat reserved for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, CW?
No, only the relaxation in Percentage will be provided as per Table 1.
- How to convert my CGPA to %?
A candidate needs to look for conversion rule of his/her own university/institute, if it is available, then they need to convert it as per the prevailing rule in their respective university/institute. During application, these candidates will be asked to upload a conversion certificate stating the guideline clearly on the official letterhead of the university/institute signed by an authorized signatory. Read the answer under next question (Point 10 below), if the university/institute doesn’t have any conversion formulae/guidelines.
- What if my university/institute doesn’t have any conversion formulae/guidelines?
For such cases, the candidates simply need to multiply the CGPA with 10 to calculate the percentage. While submitting the application, the candidates need to upload an undertaking in place of conversion certificate.
In case it is found at any point of time that the candidate has given a false undertaking, his/her admission/studentship shall be liable for cancellation.
- Are the candidates appearing in the final exam eligible to apply?
Yes, they are eligible with the same eligibility criteria. They are required to give their last aggregate percentage of marks.
- Do I need to post the print out of application after applying online?
No, there is no need to send the print out of the application or any documents to IIIT-Delhi.
- What will be the venue of the interview?
Interview will be conducted online
- Are we going to receive any communication after screening?
There will be no postal communication. All the announcements and notifications will be given on the website. The shortlisted candidate may be notified through email/SMS. The candidates are advised to visit the website and check their email regularly.