Rolling Admission to Ph.D. Program
Applications are invited for rolling admission throughout the year under the following schemes.
- Institute Fellowship scheme
- Visvesvaraya Ph.D. Scheme for Electronics and IT (No slots are available at present)
- Various research projects in operation at IIITD
It is meant for candidates who have a clear idea of the area they want to work. The interested candidates are expected to interact with the concerned faculty member(s) in IIIT-Delhi and get their consent for working with him/her. However, such candidates will undergo a full selection process before being admitted to the Ph.D. program.
Eligibility: IIIT-Delhi is looking for candidates who have solid foundations in CS/ECE/Maths (including good programming expertise in relevant domain), and interest in pursuing research in one of the above mentioned areas. GATE/GRE scores are optional. Specific eligibility criteria are given below.For CSE/ECE students
- B.Tech. / BE / MTech / MS / ME in CS / IT / ECE / EE
- CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent). If your institute does not provide CGPA in the transcript, then at least 70% marks is required to be eligible.
- MCA/MSc(CS/IT/ECE/EE and allied ares) degree is considered equivalent to the B.Tech./BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that they have B.Sc. in Computer Science or B.Sc. in any other subject with Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for B.Tech./BE degrees.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics is also eligible for Ph.D. in CS/ECE who meets the following requirements:
- At least 70% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc.
- Strong inclination towards CS/ECE.
For CB students
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Candidates must have a BTech / BE / B.Pharma / M.Pharma / MTech / MS / ME / MCA / MSc / M.B.B.S. or equivalent, to be eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have a CGPA of at least 6.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent) or 60% (applicable for all degrees).
For Mathematics Students
B.Tech./ M.Tech./ BE / ME in CS/ ECE/ Maths & CS and similar inter-disciplinary programs CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent). If your institute does not provide CGPA in the transcript, then at least 70% marks are required to be eligible. Candidates with M.Tech./ MS/ ME degree should also have same marks requirement at UG level. MSc in Mathematics is also eligible for Ph.D. in Mathematics who meets the following requirements: At least 70% marks in both B.Sc. and M.Sc.
Essential qualification (for Mathematics students)- JRF from either UGC or CSIR or NBHM or GATE qualified.
Application & Admission Process for Rolling Admission
Application Process: Eligible candidates can apply by sending an application directly to the faculty member of the institute depending on the research interests - the application must include the CV and other relevant information. Candidates must furnish all the necessary credentials in original (mark sheets, certificates, publications, research/professional experience etc.) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Admission Process: Admission will be offered on the basis of interview. The admission committee will invite the candidates for interview based on the applicant's credentials.
Contact: For general queries (not related to QUT), please refer to the frequently asked questions. For other information, you may contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email your resume/CV to this email address).
Last updated: 10-10-2022