Rolling Admission to PhD Program
Applications are invited for rolling admission throughout the year under the following schemes.
- Institute Fellowship scheme
- Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT
- Various research projects in operation at IIIT D
Ph.D. Intake 2015 will be under following Research/ Problem area:
|1||Dr. Pravesh Biyani||Signal processing on graphs|
|2||P B Sujit||Robotics, Multi-agent systems|
|5||Sumit Darak||Wireless communication and FPGA implementation|
|6||Ojaswa||Computer Graphics/Physically based rendering|
|7||Dr. Alex||VLSI, CGRA|
|9||Apala Guha||Energy-efficient computing, high-performance computing, compilers, runtimes|
|10||Rahul Purandare||Program Analysis|
|11||A V Subramanyam||Multimedia Processing and Forensic Analysis|
|12||Sachit Butail||Dynamical systems and Robotics|
|13||Somitra Sanadhya||Hardware oriented Cryptography|
It is meant for candidates who have a clear idea of the area they want to work. The interested candidates are expected to interact with the concerned faculty member(s) in IIIT-Delhi and get their consent for working with him/her. However, such candidates will undergo a detailed selection process before being admitted to the PhD program at IIIT-Delhi.
IIIT-Delhi is looking for candidates who have solid foundations in CS/ECE/Maths (including good programming expertise in relevant domain), and interest in pursuing research in one of the above mentioned areas. GATE/GRE scores are optional. Specific eligibility criteria are given below.
For CSE/ECE students
- BTech / BE / MTech / MS / ME in CS / IT / ECE / EE
- CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent). If your institute does not provide CGPA in the transcript, then at least 70% marks is required to be eligible.
- MCA/MSc(CS/IT/ECE/EE and allied areas) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that they have BSc in Computer Science or BSc in any other subject with Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
- MSc in Mathematics is also eligible for PhD in CS/ECE who meets the following requirements:
- At least 70% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc.
- Strong inclination towards CS/ECE.
Application & Admission Process for Rolling Admission:
Eligible candidates can apply by sending an application directly to the faculty member of the institute depending on the research interests - the application must include the C.V. and other relevant information. Candidates must furnish all the necessary credentials in original (mark sheets, certificates, publications, research/professional experience etc.) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Additional requirements for candidates apply in ECE:
- MTech candidates applying in ECE must mention 3 courses in the application out of the courses listed below. Candidate shall be interviewed in the courses mentioned in application.
- BTech candidates applying in ECE must mention 4 courses in the application out of the courses listed below. Candidate shall be interviewed in the courses mentioned in application.
Advanced Signal Processing Statistical Signal Processing Digital VLSI Design Analog CMOS design Digital Communications Communication Networks Linear systems Introduction to Robotics RF Circuit design Antennas and Propagation Embedded systems
*For syllabus, click here
Admission will be offered on the basis of interview. The admission committee will invite the candidates for interview based on the applicant's credentials.
Reimbursement of travel expenses:
The short-listed candidates will be reimbursed for round-trip second-sleeper class railway/bus fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute.
Contact: For general queries (not related to QUT), please refer to the frequently asked questions. For other information, you may contact us through email at phd-admissionsiiitd.ac.in (please do not email your resume/C.V. to this email address).