The scheme was started during the academic year 2020-21 for first year UG students to support the requirement of a laptop by the founding Director of IIIT Delhi Dr. Pankaj Jalote. The main aim is to support the students from the financially weaker families.
Initially the scheme is open to first year B.Tech. Students eligible for 100% fee waiver as per Delhi Government or IIIT-D Fee waiver scheme.
How to Apply
- Students satisfying the above criteria will be given a Laptop, after the eligibility for fee waiver has been verified by the Institute / Delhi Govt.
- If a student leaves the Institute for any reason in the first two years of his joining the Institute, he/she will have to return the laptop, which can be given to a student in the next batch.
- After two years in the program, the laptop will become the property of the student, if he/she is not under Repeat year/Termination clause.
- If there are more applications than the funds available, then students may be selected based on their income and academic performance so far, as decided by the Institute.
- Students who want to apply for Laptop Scheme will be required to submit relevant documents as per the conditions mentioned in Delhi Govt Merit cum Means Scholarship and IIITD Fee waiver scheme by the date announced by the Institute.
- Applicable form will be shared with the students to provide the details and need to submit a copy of their XII Marksheet & a copy of the National Food Security (NFS) card.
Beneficiary’s details from the previous years
- The total numbers of first year students who applied for the scheme were 33 students from the Academic year 2020-21 & 42 students from the Academic year 2021-2022.
- After scrutiny of their documents by the screening committee, 56 students were selected in which 52 students have received the laptop each of the below-mentioned configurations from the institute.
- Ideapad S340 Core i5 10th Gen – (8GB/ 1TB HDD/256 GB SSD/ Windows 10 Home) 81VV ideapad S340 – 14IIL U Thin and Light Laptop (14 inch, Platinum Grey, 1.60 Kg, With MS Office), Acer Aspire 7(A 715-41G) Ryzen 5 Quad Core 3550H, ASUS VivoBook 15 (2020) Intel Core i5-1035G1 10th Gen, 15.6’’ (39.62cms) FHD T&L Laptop (8GB RAM/1TB).
- And remaining four students got reimbursement for their purchased laptop of Rs. 50,000/- each (max limit).
The form is generally shared with undergraduate students of 1st year soon after the admission. The link of the online form is provided Here: Click Here
Last updated: 09-02-2022