Important Dates (For all IIIT-Delhi admission process)
|Online Application starts for IIITD process for CSD & CSSS porgrams||25th August 2022 (Thursday)|
|Last Date of Application||
23rd September 2022 (Friday)
|Bonus Marks Document Verification||
24th September 2022 (Saturday)
|First Round of Seat Allotment||
27th September 2022 (Tuesday)
|Last Date of Acceptance, Fee Payment & Document Verification||
30th September 2022 (Friday)
|Second Round Seat Allotment (if seats are available)||
3rd October 2022 (Monday)
|Last Date of Acceptance, Fee Payment & Document Verification||
6th October 2022 (Thursday)
|Last Date of Withdrawal (Tentative)||
6th October 2022 (Thursday)
|Spot Round (In case of availability of seats)||
7th October 2022 (Friday)
B.Tech. Program Details
- Apply online: Fill up the B.Tech. application form available on this link..
- A candidate will be eligible to apply for the CSD and/or CSSS programmes.
- Application checklist:
- » Read the eligibility criteria along with other instructions carefully.
- » Fill up the form online
- » Pay the application processing fee of Rs.300/- (Additional Transaction Charges as Applicable)
Note: Once paid, application fee is non refundable.
(Admission through this mode is open for only Delhi Candidates)
|Category||Through UCEED||Through Class 12th Marks|
|Other Backward Classes||OB|
|Economically Weaker Section||EW|
Persons with Disabilities
Eligibility, Admission Criteria and Merit List
|Program||Entry through||Eligibility Criteria||National Level Examination requirements||Eligible for IIIT-Delhi Bonus points|
|B.Tech. (Computer Science & Design)||IIIT-Delhi Admission process using UCEED Rank||70% marks in aggregate for five subjects and 70% in Maths in class XII from CBSE Board or equivalent. Should have done schooling from a school located in the (N.C.T.) of Delhi||UCEED Rank (of 2022)||No|
|B.Tech. (Computer Science & Social Sciences)||IIIT-Delhi Admission process using class XII marks (of 2022)||70% marks in aggregate for five subjects and 70% in Maths in class XII from CBSE Board or equivalent, provided they are not eligible to appear for JEE Mains 2022. Candidates having Physics, Chemistry and Maths in class XII are eligible to apply only through JAC. They should have done schooling from a school located in the National Capital Territory (N.C.T) of Delhi||Not required||Yes|
Candidates belonging to the following categories, who apply for seats reserved for them, shall be allowed a relaxation in the eligibility requirement. The relaxation is applicable both in Maths and overall percentage as detailed below:
- Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST): A relaxation of 10 percent marks in the eligibility requirements for the seats reserved for them.
- Defence (CW): A relaxation of 5 percent marks in the eligibility requirements for the seats reserved for them.
- Persons with Disability (PwD): A relaxation of 5 percent marks in the eligibility requirements for the seats reserved for them.
- OBC: A relaxation of 5 percent marks in the eligibility requirements for the seats reserved for them.
NOTE: There is no marks relaxation for EWS category candidates.
|Admission through IIIT-Delhi admission process using UCEED Rank||Admission through IIIT-Delhi admission process using Class XII score|
|Admission will be based on applicant’s All India UCEED Rank 2022. Bonus points are not applicable to this mode of admission.||Admission will be based on the total marks obtained in class XII in 2022 examinations for best five subjects including Maths and bonus points as mentioned on the website.|
Merit List for Admission
|Admission through IIIT-Delhi admission process using UCEED Rank (for some seats of B.Tech. (CSD))||Admission through IIIT-Delhi admission process using class XII score (for some seats of B.Tech. (CSSS))|
There will be no separate category-wise rank lists. However, cut-off marks for each category will be mentioned in the rank list.
Bonus Points (for B.Tech. CSSS only)
Two type of Bonus points (either 2 or 1 Bonus point) will be given for the categories given below. For all these, official supporting documents (letters, certificates, etc.) will have to be provided. IIIT-Delhi will also verify this information from the organizers directly.
1. Olympiads. Indian National Olympiad in Informatics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, and Biology
- 2 Bonus points, if the student was selected for the summer training camp for the selection of the final team for International Olympiad (i.e. IOITC, IMOTC, OCSC for Physics, Chemistry,Astronomy, or Biology); supporting documents required: Certificate/letter from organizers.
- 1 Bonus point, if the student qualified to appear in the National Level Exam for selection for the summer camp (i.e. INOI/ INMO/ INPhO/ INChO/ INAO/ INBO). Supporting documents required: Qualification letter/email to appear in the exam.
Note: Those who qualified to appear in INOI through ZCO-2016 will not be eligible for the Bonus points and those who have been declared deemed to have qualified through ZCO 2017 will be eligible.
2. Procon Junior programming contest
- 2 Bonus points for the medal winners; Supporting documents needed: Certificate/letter from organizers certifying this.
- 1 Bonus point for those who got certificates of Achievement; Supporting documents needed:Certificate/letter from organizers certifying this.
3. National Talent Search scholarship
- 1 Bonus point, if a student has won this scholarship. If a student obtains scholarship in a specific category, then he/she can only be considered for admission in that category. Supporting documents needed: Certificate/grant letter.
4. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- 1 Bonus point, if a student has qualified for this scholarship. If a student obtains scholarship in acategory, then he/she can only be considered for admission in that category. Supporting documents needed: Certificate of merit/grant letter.
5. INSPIRE Program of DST
- 2 Bonus points, if a student is a recipient of Gold/Silver/Bronze/Consolation Award in NLEPC.Supporting documents needed: Official certificate for the award from DST.
- 1 Bonus point, if a student has qualified for participation in the National Level Exhibition and Project Competition (NLEPC). Supporting documents needed: Official participationcertificate from DST.
6. IGNITE Award of National Innovation Foundation
- 2 Bonus points, if a student is a recipient of the National IGNITE Award. Supporting documents needed: Official certificate for the award from NIF.
7. IRIS National Science Fair
- 2 Bonus points,if a student is recipient of the award for participation in the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF)
- 1 Bonus point, if a student is selected for the National Fair. Supporting documents needed: Official certificate for the award from IRIS.
In any sport in "high priority and priority discipline" (as per the terminology announced on IIIT-Delhi website),except Chess (as Chess is dealt with separately): if a student has represented a state in (i)National School Games organized by a School Games Federation of India, in U19 or U17category, or (ii) national championship organized by a National Sports Federation inSenior/Junior category
- 1 Bonus point for participation or winning a medal. Supporting documents needed: Certificate for the medal or Certificate of participation issued by School Games Federation of India or by aNational Sports Federation.
- 2 Bonus points for those whose FIDE rating is above 1800; Supporting documents needed: FIDE ID, a Self attested printout of the list of international rated tournaments played as provided by FIDE through their official website.
- 1 Bonus point for those whose FIDE rating is between 1200 and1800. Supporting documentsneeded: Same as above.
- 1 Bonus point for those Students who have received “Scholarship to Young Artistes” given by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, or “Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme”given by the Centre for Cultural Resources and Training an autonomous body under the aegis of Ministry of Culture, Government of India. Supporting documents needed: Scholarshipsanction letter and certificate issued by Ministry of Culture, Government of India / Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, Government of India.
Note: (1) If a candidate has qualified for more than one bonus category, he/she will get the highest points earned under all qualifying categories.
(2) Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech. (CSD) program through IIIT-Delhi Admission process using UCEED Rank will not be eligible for the award of bonus points.
Important Dates and Application Process
|IIIT-Delhi Admission Process||Admission Timeline|
|Opening of applications||TBA|
|Last Date of Application||TBA|
|Bonus Points Document Verification||TBA|
|First Round of Seat Allotment||TBA|
|First Round Document Verification||TBA|
|Second Round Seat Allotment||TBA|
|Second Round Document Verification||TBA|
|Last Date of Withdrawal (Tentative)||TBA|
|Spot Round (In case of availability of seats)||TBA|
Certificates to be produced with respect to reserved categories
Candidates applying for any reserved seat (i.e. SC, ST, OBC-NCL, EWS, and PD) must produce the original certificates (as applicable) as mentioned below at the time of document verification.
Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) /Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)/EWS: For admission to a seat reserved for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Class (NCL)/EWS, candidate must produce a certificate, in original, issued from an approved district authority stating the Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class (NCL)/EWS, to which the candidate belongs. A list of approved authorities is given below:
- District Magistrate / Additional Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Collector / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate (not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate), Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidates and/or his/her family normally resides
- Administrator/Secretary to Administration/Development Officer (Laccadive & Minicoy Islands).
- Caste name as mentioned in OBC certificate MUST exactly match with the name of caste listed at
- The candidate seeking admission under reserved categories has to mandatorily produce the caste/category certificate in his/her name at the time of counselling. The certificate in the name of either of the parents (Mother/Father)or any other family member is not acceptable and the candidate will not be entitled even for provisional admission.
- The reservation certificate should be issued from the respective state/region in which the reservation is being claimed, e.g. in case, a candidate claims the seat reserved for the Delhi Region category, he/she has to bring SC / ST / OBC certificate issued by Govt. of NCT of Delhi and should have also passed his/her qualifying examination from a School / College / Institute located in National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- OBC (NCL) candidates are required to produce a caste certificate issued after March 31 2022 from the authorities as mentioned above. However, if the certificate is issued prior to March 31, 2022, it must be accompanied with an additional certificate regarding the present non-creamy layer status of the candidate, issued by the same competent authority. This additional certificate must have reference of his / her already issued original caste certificate.
- Students claiming OBC reservation under Delhi region will be admitted in this category on the submission of a certificate to this effect from the Competent Authority of the Government of NCT of Delhi. Certificate issued by Govt. of India or any state government will not be accepted under any circumstances. A certificate issued by a Competent Authority of Delhi to an individual on the basis of Caste Certificate of his/her parents from another state will be accepted for claiming a seat under OBC Category if and only if the caste is in the list of notified OBC list by Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
Economically Weaker Section (EWS) : Criteria for Income and Assets:
The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed by persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a competent authority based upon the following criteria:
Candidates whose family has gross annual income below Rs 8.0 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation. Income shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
Also persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:
- 5 acres of agricultural land and above;
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above;
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities;
- Residential, plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
The property held by a "Family" in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
The term "Family" for this purpose willinclude the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority after March 31, 2022. The Income and Asset Certificate issued 'by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format as given in Annexure shall only be accepted as proof of candidate's claim as 'belonging to EWS:
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional' Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
» Formats of the certificates can be referred here
For general queries, please refer to the frequently asked questions. For other information, you may contact us through:
Phone No: 9205559826, 9205559827, +91-11-26907 414, 117 (During office hours between 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Fees (Tuition & Hostel) and Fee Waiver
|1. B.Tech. program fee structure for first year|
|Alumni fee (one time)||2,000|
|Security Money (Refundable)||10,000|
|Total Fee payable||4,37,000|
Schedule of Payment
(i) At the time of accepting offer of admission
|Tuition fee Rs. 4.25 lakh divided into two Semester instalments||212500|
|Alumni Fee (one time)||2,000|
|Security Money (Refundable)||10,000|
|Total amount payable||2,24,500|
(ii) At the start of 2nd Semester
|Tuition fee Rs. 4.25 lakh divided into two Semester instalments||212500|
|Total amount payable||2,12,500|
2. Hotel Fee Structure
|Hostel fees will be charged semester-wise. Approx. hostel charges per semester (4 months) is given below|
|Mess Charges||10,000/- (approx)|
|Double Sharing Room||34,000/-|
Note: There will be an increase of 10% - 15% in the fee every year.
B.Tech. FEE Waiver
Fee Waiver policy for 2022-2023 is here. Details related to Fee-waiver 2021-2022 can be referred here.
|Timeline for Withdrawal||Amount Refundable|
|On or before withdrawal date, upto 5 PM||Whole fees paid after deduction of Rs.1000/-|
|After withdrawal date||10,000/- (only Security Deposit)|
|Alumni deposit along with the security deposit||2,000/-|
Note: For withdrawal date, please refer Important Dates tab.
FAQ for Admissions through IIIT-Delhi Admissions Process
Please see the general institute FAQ on the status of IIIT-Delhi, its accreditation, financial model, etc. which are available from the homepage of the institute. This FAQ is mostly about the B.Tech. admission for 2022.
1. What is the status of IIIT-Delhi, is it recognized by UGC/AICTE, does it have any relationship with IP university, etc?
In India, a University can be created by UGC giving it a "Deemed University" status, or by an Act of Union or State Government. IIITD was created by an Act of Government of NCT Delhi (IIIT-Delhi Act, 2007). As it was created by an act of a State Legislature, it is a State University. IIIT-Delhi Act, 2007 empowers the institute/ university to grant degrees.
2. What is the source of latest information about the Admission, Institute, etc.?
Latest information is available on IIIT-Delhi , JAC Delhi
3. When and where will the list of selected candidates be displayed?
For Admission through IIIT-Delhi admission process - All the results of provisionally selected candidates will be displayed on the website.
4. I got less than 70% in Mathematics in XII, but my overall marks are more than 70%, will I be eligible for admission in IIIT-Delhi ?
No. A student is eligible only if he/she: (i) has obtained 70% or more in Mathematics, AND (ii) has obtained 70% or more aggregate score of best five subjects including maths.
5. I obtained 69.99% - am I eligible?
No, you are not eligible for admissions in IIIT-Delhi even if your percentage is short by .1% or one mark.
6. I have taken Math, but have not done Physics or Chemistry in my XII Boards. I have got more than 70% in Math, and my overall percentage is also more than 70%. Am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible for admission to some seats of B.Tech. (CSD) and B.Tech. (CSSS) through IIIT-Delhi admission process provided you satisfy the other eligibility criterion.
7. I have 70% in Maths and 70% in aggregate which include Physics and Chemistry. I want to apply to B.Tech. (CSD) and B.Tech. (CSSS). Which mode of admission should I apply through?
Students having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XII, willing to apply for B.Tech. (CSD) program can apply through IIIT-Delhi admission process using UCEED rank. However, if at any point of time a candidate is getting a seat through the other process, he/she will have to withdraw one.Students having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Class XII, willing to apply for B.Tech. (CSSS) can apply only through other mode of admissions(whenever the same will be announced).
8. I have done my XII from IB board. Am I eligible to apply?
Yes, IB Board is considered equivalent to CBSE. However, before you are granted admission, you will have to show that you satisfy the eligibility criteria. If your Board does not give percentages, then you will have to show an official conversion to percentages.
9. Why is the eligibility criteria rather high in marks?
To ensure that students have the necessary background in mathematics and overall, the eligibility criteria has been kept at this level. Another reason is that IIIT-Delhi has very limited seats, and it is necessary to restrict the number of applicants to a reasonable number.
10. Are there any seats reserved for Central/State Board Topper candidates?
No, none of the seats are reserved for Central/State Board Topper candidates.
11. Who is a “Delhi candidate”?
The students who have undertaken qualifying exams (i.e. 12th) from the schools located in Delhi (having PIN CODE of Delhi), irrespective of the location of their hometown, would be considered as "Delhi Candidate". Students belonging to Delhi but studying in schools Outside Delhi will be considered as Outside Delhi candidates.
12. Are schools located in Noida/Gurgaon and other places in NCR Delhi but Outside New Delhi considered as Delhi school?
No, "Delhi" candidates must have undertaken qualifying exams (i.e. XIIth) from the schools having PIN CODE of Delhi.
13. Whether students passing 12th as a private candidate (through open schooling) are eligible. If Yes, how their region i.e. Delhi or Outside Delhi will be determined.
Yes, students passing 12th as a private candidate (through open schooling) are eligible to apply provided they satisfy other eligibility criteria. The region from which they can apply i.e. Delhi or Outside Delhi will be determined on the basis of the location of their examination centre.
14. I have taken up improvement exam and now have 70% or above marks in Mathematics and aggregate. Can I apply?
Yes, students who have taken up improvement exam and have now secured 70% or above marks in mathematics and aggregate are eligible to apply provided they satisfy all other eligibility criteria.
15. Can the expelled/debarred students be considered for admission?
Students expelled/debarred from any academic institute are not eligible for admission.
16. Can a student who has done schooling from Delhi apply under Outside Delhi Quota?
No, if you have done XII from Delhi school you can apply as a Delhi candidate only
17. Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
Website is the primary source of all the information regarding admission.
18. Any photocopy of the certificate need to be attached along with the application form or not?
No certificates need to be sent - they will be checked at the time of counselling.
19. Which degree will be awarded? What is the duration?
IIIT-Delhi awards B.Tech. (CSE), B.Tech. (ECE), B.Tech. (CSAM), B.Tech. (CSD), B.Tech. (CSSS), B.Tech. (CSB), B.Tech. (CSAI) and B.Tech. (EVE) degrees. The duration of the program is 4 years.
20. Where can I find the placement record?
Placement record of the institute is available on the placement page of our website.
21. What is the fee per annum?
Fee for 2022 batch is Rs 4.25L per annum. Hostel and Mess charges are being charged separately. There can be an increase of 10-15% in fee every year.
22. Is there any fee waiver?
Yes, please check more details here.
23. How do I pay the application fee?
Application fee can be paid through NEFT or debit/credit cards.
24. Is there any management quota?
There is no management quota.
25. I passed class XII in 2021, can I apply?
Yes, you can apply to B.Tech. CSD and CSSS programme through IIIT-Delhi admission process provided you satisfy the eligibility criteria. But if you are applying for CSD then your UCEED score should be of the year 2022.
26. Do you have any quota for sports, arts & culture or Olympiads?
There is no quota for any of these categories. However, some bonus points are given to applicants of B.Tech. (CSSS) with specific achievements. For details, please refer the website
27. Where can I get the details of UCEED?
Please visit website of IIIT-Delhi for admission through IIIT-Delhi admission process using UCEED Rank.
28. Where can I get the details of admission through IIIT-Delhi admission process?
Please refer IIIT-Delhi admission page.
29. Is the transport facility (college bus) available?
No we do not provide transport facility but IIIT-Delhi campus is very well connected to metro and other public transports.
30. I gave UCEED exam but didn't qualify so I didn't get my rank. Is it compulsory to qualify to fill IIITD form?
Yes, you need to qualify UCEED for applying to B.Tech. (CSD) programme.
Last updated: 28-11-2022